Back in the Mists of time

Discuss or ask about anything related to TV advert soundtracks.

Moderators: The Editor, Mr. Jazzman, shadow's lisa, Keith M., Rob, clubbedougan

electranaut

Post by electranaut »

Can't help so far, but it's sometimes useful to have a look at TVARK which has a big video database of old UK ads.

Address is http://www.tv-ark.org.uk/

Maybe you'll find it there, or maybe not. If so, at least you'll be able to re-post here with a link which could be very useful. If not, then perhaps trying to track down the advertising agency responsible via much Google searching and asking them (or one of their employees if no longer in existence) could yield the answer.

Lots of work, yes, but you'd be surprised at how often this kind of thing gets the right results.

Keith M.

?Playful Pizzicato? from Britten 'Simple Symphony'

Post by Keith M. »

kitedud
I have been trying to find this music for you. I have come up with what I think is the answer. There is this piece of music that was used by the Royal Bank of Scotland. It is this piece that I also think was used for the Electricity ads. I have found Youtube video that has the piece in @ 1min6secs from the start. Take a listen and see if you recognise it
Click to play
Eddie Mora - Camerata Latinoamericana (1996) Britten II

?Playful Pizzicato? is the second movement from Benjamin Britten - 'Simple Symphony'.
Britten instructed his players to
play as fast as possible and always
pizzicato. Pizzicato means to pluck the
strings of the instrument with your
finger instead of using the bow
Click to listen to clip/buy at Amazon

astroboy

Post by astroboy »

To me it sounds similar to Tchaikovsky's Violin Concerto Op.35. I've never heard it in its entirety and its possible the ad company had a version specially recorded, but you can check the link below. (I think it'll die in 7 days.)

http://rapidshare.com/files/77246203/07 ... pus_35.mp3

Keith M.

I have another suggestion on this one.

Post by Keith M. »

kitedud
I have another suggestion on this one.
Smetana --Vltava (The Moldau)
M? Vlast (My Country)
:D