NEW SKY ADVERT: ENGLISH CRICKET TEAM SLOWMO VERSION!

Discuss or ask anything related to Cinema advert soundtracks.

Moderators: The Editor, Mr. Jazzman, shadow's lisa, Keith M., Rob, clubbedougan

matislam

NEW SKY ADVERT: ENGLISH CRICKET TEAM SLOWMO VERSION!

Post by matislam »

Hi guys,
I am desperately looking for the song that features in the new SKY advert for Cricket. Featuring the English cricket team, in close up slow motion, with a scene where the bat handle cracks.............

It has featured both on and is running in cinemas now!

I need to find out what the track in the background is? Its a very eastern sound with heavy percurssions and a flute of sorts

Please help!

Thanks

IamJones125

Post by IamJones125 »

possibly 'Nimrod from Enigma variations' by Elgar?
J x

matislam

Post by matislam »

Hi, thanks for the reply but there are two versions of the advert out........the one in the cinema has no orchestration to it....itz very modern....eastern sounds, with thumps, beats and flutes...percussions also where one of the batsmen breaks his bat grip handle facing a fast ball...........

Very modern sound.....not classical.........

Oh, well, thanks for trying........appreciate it!

Paul180

Post by Paul180 »

I'm also looking for this! I think it's a very upbeat Jazz like song.

I saw it on the cinema yesturday and I know for a fact it wasn't produced by sky, so we do have a chance in finding it! :wink:

Ferrari1981

Music

Post by Ferrari1981 »

I contacted sky sports editor whos yet to reply to me...

‘Dreadlock Holiday’ will be the soundtrack to Sky’s international and domestic cricket coverage for 2006 and will be heard for the first time this Sunday 23rd April, during Sky’s opening C&G Trophy match.

The song, which features the legendary lyric 'I don't like cricket, I love it, was written by Graham Gouldman and Eric Stewart and was released by their band 10cc in 1978, reaching number one in the UK chart.

Sky Sports has had the music re-recorded by and the lyrics amended to ‘We don’t like cricket, we love it’.

Six different versions of the music will be heard throughout the summer including a classical version for Test match coverage and a break beat version for domestic one-day competitions.

1) http://66.249.93.104/search?q=cache:kQ9 ... =clnk&cd=2

2) http://sport.guardian.co.uk/cricket/sto ... 75,00.html

3) http://www.gloscricket.co.uk/news/newsA ... newsID=475

Take care peeeps

Farooq

MOREGUBBINS

Post by MOREGUBBINS »

GOT IT! Heard it agian for the 100th time last night.

It's a brief instrumental sequence from:
'Anywhere on this Road' by Lhasa De Sela from 'The Living Road' album which is available on ITUNES.

A latin artist. Lhasa's roots extend through Mexico, Canada and the States, and the songs on "The Living Road" reflect this. With lyrics in French, Spanish and English, as well as a very natural-sounding combination of all kinds of musical traditions, it crosses borders in various ways. There's a weariness in all the wandering though, and an undercurrent of cultural dislocation. It's as if the record is an attempt to find harmony in the bewildering chaos and pace of a modern, urban world

Paul180

Post by Paul180 »

I am extreamly impressed!!

I was thinking about contacting Sky but I though they wouldn't care!

You guys have done a great job in finding the music! It was hard I bet!

Many Thanks guys! :D

-Paul

cdlewis1

Post by cdlewis1 »

Once again I'm stunned by how quickly obscure music I hear in cinema adverts gets located and named in this forum.

Thanks a lot guys!!