Apprentice - A List of Music found So Far!

Discuss or ask anything related to TV Trailer soundtracks.

Moderators: The Editor, Mr. Jazzman, shadow's lisa, Keith M., Rob, clubbedougan

dom_coke

Apprentice - A List of Music found So Far!

Post by dom_coke »

Hi guys,

Have found this site semi-useful in that past, so I thought I'd give a little back... Have been enthralled by The Apprentice, and its use of music, so here is a list of music from the series. About half I recognised, and half I found out...

Lindbergh Palace Hotel Suite + Look at that Old Grizzly Bear + Scrapping and Yelling, all from Royal Tenenbaums Soundtrack, composed by Mark Mothersbaugh

Belleville Jungle, from The Triplets of Belleville soundtrack, Composed by Ben Charest

Nach Deutschland, from The Bourne Supremacy Soundtrack, Composed by John Powell

Black White X 5, from Thomas Crown Affair soundtrack, composed by Bill Conti (very brief use in the programme, but to lovely effect)

The Gravel Road, The Village soundtrack, composed by James Newton Howard

Montagues and Capulets, Romeo & Juliet Ballet, Prokofiev

... and these are the ones I was looking for for ages:

Weird is Good & Ichi-Ni-San, both from Matchstick Men soundtrack, composed by Hans Zimmer.

There is also a track from the Adaptation soundtrack which is either "The Writer and the Crazy White Man" or "Adaptation (Fatboy Slim remix)", composed by Carter Burwell

hope someone finds this useful, as it took ages to type out! ;)

Dom.

SoDraconian

Post by SoDraconian »

So brilliant to have a list -- thanks for typing it out! ^^

To add to it, in the first series the instrumental version of Rob Dougan's "Furious Angels" was used. It's on The Matrix OST. =)

Joe

Post by Joe »

Thanks for the list. :-)

Also, Jo's firing was accompanied by 'God Moving Over the Face of the Waters' by Moby.

Brax

Post by Brax »

Do we know what the music is that is played at the end of each episode as the fired persons car drives up the road?

Enge

Post by Enge »

Does anyone have any idea what the track was that was playing under the sequence where the contestants boarded the ship, it's a kind of mandolin track, it's been killing me for ages and that niggle was re-ignited on tonights episode,
ta muchly,
Enge

Enge

Post by Enge »

Hello, I just thought I'd add to the list that's ever-growing; the rather looming sounding track that accompanied Sir Alan's roller through the streets of London is Suicide by UNKLE. It can also be heard on the " Sexy Beast " soundtrack.

Mr_Navigator

Just found this thread

Post by Mr_Navigator »

There is a piece of tango style music that has been used in "The Apprentice" and I am unable to find it - i want to buy it but I dont know the name or the artist. I have looked at the FAQ on the BBC website but to no avail. The snippets of music are used in several of the episodes but in the final episode, just after Michelle (the winner) talks to Syed about being stressed (roughly one third way through) it starts. It begins with a quick plucked cello sound followed by an accordian and a shaker (music instruments) a five note bass line follows later before the talking starts to overpower the music. I have heard this music before and I think it has been used in adverts and possibly a film but I have no idea. Can anyone help?