pop instrumentals

Discuss or ask anything related to TV Trailer soundtracks.

Moderators: The Editor, Mr. Jazzman, shadow's lisa, Keith M., Rob, clubbedougan

jamgoo

pop instrumentals

Post by jamgoo »

hello,

i was wondering how one goes about getting instrumentals of pop tracks e.g. a question of sport has recently used keane's 'is it any wonder' and the killers' 'when you were young' in apparently instumental form (or very clever editing) and to be honest, i often prefer songs without lyrics.

i don't work for a television company, so i can't call up a record company demanding they provide me with a lyricless (?) track.

i also want the instrumental version of the pussycat dolls' 'don't cha' which was available on the 12", but embarassingly as a music fan - i have to admit i can't play vinyl.

on a related tip, i think the future of downloads will go in the direction of what the likes of bleep.com are doing - providing very high (cd) quality versions of tracks e.g. aiff files and multi track downloads like nine inch nails have experimented with, so fans can remix the tracks themselves (or just remove the vocals!).

thankyou and goodnight!

Jayemm

Post by Jayemm »

I think it's down to good editing! Technology these days allows a sound editor to isolate the voice track and remove it, leaving just the instruments.

Sorry I can't help with the Pussycat Dolls question!

toastie

Post by toastie »

...also, you have look out for it being looped, taking a couple of recognizable bars and playing it over and over to give the impression of it being without any vocals. Can lead to some awful clicks and clunks where it doesn't quite match up properly.

AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

you should checkout karaoke scene, maybe your isp carries newsgroups like alt.binaries.karaoke

http://www.krazykats-karaoke.co.uk/comp ... raoke.html

jamgoo

Post by jamgoo »

thank you all for your responses, the karaoke suggestion was a great idea!