Sky Sports Rugby Trailer

Discuss or ask anything related to TV Trailer soundtracks.

Moderators: The Editor, Mr. Jazzman, shadow's lisa, Keith M., Rob, clubbedougan

markd

Sky Sports Rugby Trailer

Post by markd »

Does anybody know the name and artist of the tune Sky Sports are using at present on their rugby (I think) promo. I say I think as I'd left the TV on last night and fell asleep and when I woke in the middle of the night I heard the music and I'm pretty sure it's rugby they're promoting.

The ad ran last night on Sky Sports (Monday / Tuesday) but I've only watched limited TV today and haven't seen it again to be able to confirm so I can't say for certain.

It's certainly not a new piece of music and I've heard it before about 15-20 years ago but obviously this forum didn't exist then so I'd given up finding it but now that I know it's back in use again I'd like to hope somebody can let me know what it is.

markd

Post by markd »

Just seen it again now so can confirm it's the "Turf Wars" advert for Sky Sports rugby coverage this weekend.

finisterre

Post by finisterre »

It's the theme to the Brit gangster film 'The Long Good Friday' starring Bob Hoskins from 1980.

markd

Post by markd »

finisterre wrote:It's the theme to the Brit gangster film 'The Long Good Friday' starring Bob Hoskins from 1980.
Thanks mate. I finally managed to get the details earlier today by having my phone handy when the trailer came on the tv. The track itself is called "Taken" and it's by Frances Monkman as I saw the trailer earlier while at a mate's house and Shazam text me those results and it's on "The Long Good Friday" soundtrack.

I've just got to find out how to get it now as it appears long ago deleted. I've tried download sites Napster and iTunes and record shop websites like HMV, Virgin and just general Google searches but no results yet for a download or a purchase of a cd. Shazam offered me a download from iTunes but iTunes doesn't have the track!

I can't find it anywhere!!!

finisterre

Post by finisterre »

Tried to PM you but it didn't work. Email me - f i n i s t e r r e @gmail.com and I may be able to help you out.

markd

Post by markd »

finisterre wrote:Tried to PM you but it didn't work. Email me - f i n i s t e r r e @gmail.com and I may be able to help you out.
Thanks mate, there should be an e-mail in your inbox now.